Litz brings Local Government, Small Business, and Conservation Experience to the Table.
Jo Ellen is a 5-term Lebanon County Commissioner who is the Boots on the Ground for local government implementing programs to Protect Children, Serve Families, Secure Justice, Manage Emergencies, and Safeguard Elections. In short, Commissioner Litz Safeguards the Public Trust.
Whether it was the 2004 Campbelltown Tornado, Tropical Storm Lee in 2011, or the 30" 2016 Snowstorm Jonas,
I've been here for you.
Litz was elected by her peers from across the state of Pennsylvania to serve as the 2012 president and 2013 chairman of the Board for the statewide commissioner's association.
Litz is about starting a conversation from public structures like roads and bridges, water and sewer, schools, and energy. A sound infrastructure is the basis of a sound economy. Litz believes we need these Economy Boosting Jobs to put money into the pockets of people so that they can buy homes, cars, and goods. Litz supports a transportation plan to make our roads and bridges safe. In this way, we will create good paying jobs, get people to these jobs, our goods to market, and children to schools.
Jo Ellen served as the chair of the MPO (2012-15)--Metropolitan Planning Organization for Lebanon County--where she helps to prioritize local road and bridge projects with PennDOT and the Federal Highway Administration.
Keep Litz doing the People's Business.
Recipes People Above Politics
QR Code for this web.
Litz Co Commercial Rentals, 1.386 acre Property Available with established Rt 422 access & curb cuts. Out of the flood plain. Shovel ready with public water, sewer, electricity, gas & cable. Zoned C2 General Commercial in N Lebanon Twp. Another fast growing municipality, N Cornwall Twp is across Route 422. Drone tour of subject site:
My Blog on the Lebanon Daily News site: http://blogs.ldnews.com/peopleabovepolitics/
Taking Action, Getting Results.
Lebanon PA 17046
NEED HELP? Try one of these resources:
People Above Politics
Team Litz: Treasurer, Cathy Garrison
Honorary Chair: Lt. Gov. Catherine Baker Knoll --a woman who broke the glass ceiling and contributed greatly to PA politics; born in 1930, died November 12, 2008.
Lebanon County Commission for Women
Web site paid for by Jo Ellen Litz.
2003 Survey: Copy and paste these questions into an email, and tell me what you think. A simple yes or no will do, but a short summary of your reasoning is also welcome. Send to Litz@mbcomp.com
1) Should we be tough on criminals? __yes __no
2) Do you agree with using programs like work release, house arrest, and community service for non-violent offenders? __yes __no
3) Do you agree that prisoners should help to pay for their room and board while incarcerated in county prison? __yes __no
4) Would you support an expansion of the County prison to house violent offenders? __yes __no
5) Should the office of District Attorney be full-time? __yes __no
Crime Survey Results updated 2/22/03:
1) Do you support farmland preservation? __yes __no
2) Do you agree that we can't totally stop growth, and it's better to plan where we will allow growth? __yes __no
3) Do you feel an updated comprehensive plan is a good tool to channel growth to less productive land. __yes __no
4) Do you favor tax breaks like Keystone Opportunity Zones (KOZ) in order to revitalize downtowns and reuse old industrial sites? __yes __no
5) Do you think the Tax Increment Financing (TIF) program that channels fifty percent of taxes paid into infrastructure (water, sewer, roads) for a fixed period of time is good for both businesses to create jobs and our local economy? __yes __no
6) Do you support pursuing grants to complete a trail system for Lebanon County that would run from Swatara State Park and the Appalachian Trail in the north to the Lebanon Valley Rail Trail and Governor Dick in the south attaching to the Lancaster County trail as well as from the Swatara Water Trail that connects to both the Dauphin County Greenway and Horseshoe Trail in the west to the Tulpehocken Trail, Berks County, in the east, and intersecting with the N/S trail at the Union Canal Tunnel? __yes __no
Land Use Survey Results updated 2/22/03
1) Should counties undertake the time and expense to complete a reassessment of all property parcels? __yes __no
2) If state and federal funds are available, do you favor new voting machines that would be more accessible to the handicap, take up less storage space, and be both less cumbersome and less expensive to transport to polling places? __yes __no
3) In addition to the ramp from the parking lot, do you feel that there should be a wheelchair accessible ramp to the Courthouse along South 8th Street? __yes __no
4) Do you agree that County employees are hard working and honest? __yes __no
5) Do you have any suggestions on how to improve county government? __yes __no If so, please explain.
6) Is it important to you to have a full-time county commissioner? __yes __no
7) What other qualities are you looking for in your county commissioner? __yes __no
8) Does it matter to you in which party a commissioner candidate is registered? __yes __no
9) Have you made up your mind about who you are going to vote for in the commissioner's race? __yes __no
Optional. If the commissioner's race were held today, which two candidates would you vote for: __Carpenter, __Griffith, __Jarboe, __Keefer, __Litz, __Rhoads, __Stichler, __Stohler, __Wolfe ?
Court House Survey Results updated 2/22/03.